If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Illinois.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In the News.......

Hi everyone! If you were able to attend the Meet 'n Greet that MMPaints arranged, please know I'm jealous!! :) I hope it was a great get-together! Hoping we see more of those kinds of meet-ups in the future!


Did you see this article on Yahoo? It's about how gas prices have risen in IL compared to other states. Well, if you're like me and you're out driving anywhere, you know it! I try to do as little driving as possible and definitely combine errands so that I'm not out wasting more gas than I have to be!


I also saw this article about falling home prices. I think that most of you reading here believe that things are not going to get better anytime soon. That's why we prepare!!


While loosely discussing the situation in Egypt, a friend said to me in surprise and alarm that the atm's in Egypt weren't able to dispense cash. This person was truly shocked and then asked, "What if something like that happened here?" I was thankful to be able to respond that those types of situations are ones that we can easily prepare for by keeping some cash in a safe place at home. I said I was 'loosely' discussing the situation because I truly don't feel the need to get involved in what goes on in other countries. But, I was thankful that in this instance, a foreign situation could be used to hopefully open up the eyes of someone who hadn't thought that what goes on in other places could also happen here.


I hope you're staying alert. I hope you're prepping. I hope you know WHY you're prepping! This will help you to figure out the plan for your preps.


Prep On!
Gen-IL Homesteader




------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Illinois Forum at www.IllinoisPreppersNetwork.net

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The news does look bleak. Ugh! I never used to pay attention to the happenings overseas, but as of late, it appears what happens there affects us here too. Glad to see your back posting.

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Hi Shelly!! Trying to stay plugged in here, but the past few weeks have been hard. The winter lull is making me feel dull and uninspired! Trying....How are you? I miss hearing from you and reading your posts! Are you still planning your own blog? Take care!

Illinois Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Illinois Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.