If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Illinois.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Lull

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been missing here lately! I'm feeling the lull of winter. The holiday rush is long over and the eventual rush of spring is far off. There's not too much going on right now except the normal, day-in day-out prepping.


The one prepping activity that is occupying my time these days is garden planning. For plants to go in the ground in time, the seeds need to be started early enough. The growing medium will be brought in the house to warm, grow lights will be adjusted, seeds will leave the freezer and enter the warmth of their new home in the soil. Are the seeds dreaming of what they will become the same way that I'm dreaming of it?


Do you want home canned jars of food lining your shelves? Do you want bags of frozen veggies in your freezer? Start planning now for your spring garden! Dreaming of the garden's glory can help you endure the lull that is February in Illinois!


Prep On!
Gen-IL Homesteader

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Illinois Forum at www.IllinoisPreppersNetwork.net

3 comments:

Roxie said...

yeah, I blogged about how much I don't care for February. The worst month of the year. I am thinking it is time to get out my seed starting stuff too. I don't have grow lights but I have a nice east facing bay window that should do. It has been awhile since I started my own seeds.

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Roxie, I think it's better to have the east window....my sister has one, too, and I think her plants start better in natural sunlight than the grow lights. I guess we just have a few more weeks of this month and then hopefully things will start to look up, right? Hang in there!! And thanks for stopping in!
Anonymous, thanks for stopping in!

Illinois Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Illinois Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.