If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Illinois.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 Days of Prepper Christmas--Day 3

Hi everyone!! In a past year, Matt from KY Preppers did a series of posts entitled 12 Days of Prepper Christmas. My thanks to Matt and APN for letting me use the title for my own series of posts. I hope that you will find something useful that will make your own Christmas more fun, frugal, and wonderful!


So, today's gift idea is my absolute favorite gift to give! (Yes, even more than the homemade kahlua!) I love to give people homemade goodies! I also love that this gift dips into your pantry stash to bless others. I'm talking about homemade quick breads, cookies and candies; homemade jams and jellies; homemade yeast breads and pies; homemade muffins. So many people today don't do any cooking for themselves, and they really appreciate the time that goes into homemade goodies. Everybody knows they're the best!


I love to take a quick bread recipe like pumpkin, banana, or zucchini, and make it in tiny loaf pans and give someone 1 of each kind in a basket with a jar of homemade jam. If you made a few different jams this year (I made raspberry, dandelion, pea hull), you could put a pint or 1/2 pint of each variety in a basket with a loaf of yummy homemade yeast bread! Mmmmm! How about a tray of homemade Christmas cookies? I have a girlfriend that makes 3 of her friends (thankfully I'm one of them) a cheesecake every Christmas. Every year she puts a different fruit topping on it. I look forward to it every year!! Google 'homemade candy' and you'll come up with tons of recipes. Another treat my sister and I love to give is pretzels dipped in white or milk chocolate. You can put sprinkles on the chocolate while it's wet. (Those white chocolate pretzels have to be delivered quickly because I really like them!!)


When I make my monthly meal of quiche I invite my mom and step-dad over. They both love my recipe, but my step-dad especially raves about it! Guess what he's getting for Christmas? That's right. His own quiche, frozen in convenient meal-size pieces that he can eat in between trips to my house for quiche.


I encourage you to rack your brains and I know you'll come up with some wonderful presents from foods you've already canned, or from your pantry food stores. I didn't include recipes because most folks seem to have their own favorites. When I need others I google 'em! In my opinion, food goodie bags are one of the best all-around gifts for anyone on your list!


Prep On!
Gen-IL Homesteader



------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/
Visit the Illinois Forum at http://www.illinoispreppersnetwork.net/

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is the best series of posts. Ever. Can't wait til day 4!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Awwww! You're making me blush! Thanks so much, Andrea!

Illinois Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Illinois Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.