If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Illinois.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Monday, April 25, 2011

Japan Nuclear Fallout and Ridiculous Self-Sustaining Water Systems (really??)


Hi everyone! I hope you all had a blessed Easter.


Just a few things for today. First, this video regarding the Fukushima nuclear plant. The woman speaking is Helen Caldicott, an MD, author, and speaker. She is also well-informed on nuclear info and has a strong anti-nuclear stand. I found what she had to say quite interesting. You won't hear that kind of talk from the msm, for sure. (And I loved the Australian accent!) She discusses the food system in Japan and Europe, which foods to be wary of, how long different nuclear components last, etc. Things that are way over my head, but very eye-opening.


Did you see this article. It's about a school in Washington state which is trying to be 'off-grid' in their water usage. Now, I'm all for being frugal with our water and power. I turn off the water while hand-washing, save the water that runs while waiting for it to heat up to wash dishes, hang laundry on the line, turn off lights, unplug appliances whenever possible. But, the school mentioned in the article used $500,000 in time and building materials on their project, which wasn't even the entire school! Ummm, a $500,000 off-grid project is not sustainable because not many people are going to be able to copy and sustain that! I've looked at the composting toilets in Lehman's. They sell for a few thousand dollars. How about we use methods which can be copied by the majority of folks in this country? Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's not such a big deal. I guess I just get sick of folks setting up fancy-shmancy, over-the-top, out-of-this-world-expensive systems, and using them as examples when I know there are lots of folks doing the same type of thing-or better-for a much more reasonable cost. Just gets under my skin, I guess.


Folks, I encourage you to keep one foot in the everyday world, and one foot in the future. Keep seeing what's on the horizon. It gives us our reasons to prep.


Prep On!
Gen-IL Homesteader
P.S. How are those seedlings coming along??? :)

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Illinois Forum at www.IllinoisPreppersNetwork.net

No comments:

Illinois Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Illinois Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.